How to Ride
- Flag the bus to stop at any safe location.
- Please arrive at your stop a few minutes ahead of time and have fare ready.
- Signal the driver by raising your arm as the bus approaches
- Once on board, listen for your stop; all published stops are called out.
- To signal the bus to stop, simply press the black strip or pull yellow chord beside a window as the bus approaches your stop.
Our Rules of the Road
- Please keep children safe and supervised during your trip.
- Only hand-carried parcels are permitted on the bus. Once on board, passengers are not permitted to get off the bus to retrieve any additional parcels.
- No bicycles are permitted in the bus.
For Disabled Riders
- All MART buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
- In the event a lift is not available to you because of an emergency or maintenance, your driver will notify MART, and a lift-equipped MART van will be sent to enable you to complete your journey.
- To qualify for discount fares and get a proper ID, please call 800-922-5636.
- The TDD number for deaf and hearing-impaired passengers is 800-789-0577.
- In Fitchburg, Leominster, Gardner and Athol ADA service is available to those who are unable to use the regular bus. ADA service is also available in Lunenburg, Lancaster, Westminster, Phillipston, Templeton and Winchendon restricted to the ¾ mile boundary around the fixed bus route. To enroll, please call MART at 800-922-5636 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
No writing on seats or bus destruction
No eating or drinking
Keep arms, hands, and head in the bus
Reserve designated seats for passengers with disabilities
Please stay behind the yellow standee line
No playing of audio devices or sound equipment
Disruptive or combative riders, especially those under the influence of alcohol or drugs, will be removed by security or the police
All strollers and carts must be folded before entering bus
Shirts and shoes must be worn
Service animals are allowed on buses
No cursing or disruptive behavior
Do not engage in unnecessary conversation with drivers
Do not cross in front of the bus when deboarding