Building Maintenance Manager
December 10, 2021
Work Hours: 1st Shift 7:00AM – 3:00PM, additional hours maybe required based on business needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly manages Facilities and Building Maintenance Staff and contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities by planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the work and activities of employees and contractors in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include training; coaching; mentoring; planning; assigning; and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Assists Director with interviewing and hiring process as well as advising on need for employee discipline or rewards.
Position Summary: This Position supports the Director by overseeing a team of building maintenance specialists and 3rd party contractors for preventive and reactive maintenance including but not limited to, minor building and equipment repairs, landscaping care, janitorial services and safety and comfort within all buildings.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Manages all maintenance and repairs, coaches/mentors’ staff as appropriate
- Establishes, implements, and enforces standard operating procedures as required
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of facilities to determine type and scope of work required.
- Evaluates all maintenance related work/repairs to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards
- Advises Leaders and staff on any safety issues and/or communicates when rooms are ready for occupancy due to maintenance
- Ensures development of solutions to maintenance issues and conducts periodic quality checks on equipment
- Evaluates, selects, and maintains appropriate inventory of supplies, equipment, and maintenance records
- Investigates complaints of sub-standard work or non-response from staff regarding maintenance or cleaning issues and takes corrective action
- Prepares reports on activity, staff, contractors, or other information as requested by Director of department
- Monitors, and addresses issues with building heating/cooling systems to insure staff comfort
- Repairs faulty equipment and building systems within ability and skillset
- Assists the department in development and implementation of preventative maintenance procedures
- Performs general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, carpentry, basic plumbing and basic electrical
- Maintains inventory and maintenance records for equipment and supplies
- Coordinates 3rd party Vendors and contractors for small repair, maintenance, or PM services
When duties and responsibilities change, the employee may be asked to perform other duties as required as business needs dictate. Employees are required to identify any changes in their job duties since the descriptions were last reviewed. Additionally, MART may ask that employees conduct a review of their position as part of the performance-evaluation process.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- 10+ years’ experience in a building maintenance capacity or similar
- Experience working in Transit facilities / operations highly desirable
- Experience in building maintenance in a commercial, institutional, or government facility preferred
- Experience with snow removal equipment (Plows, sandhoppers, and spreaders)
- Experience with typical maintenance protocols in an office setting required
- Knowledge of standard trade tools and appropriate uses
- Knowledge of typical maintenance issues and solutions
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Able to read, write, and understand English
- Valid unexpired Driver’s License required for working in multiple locations
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and complete tasks as required
- Basic math skills; reading measuring tape, take-offs, calculating distance, and sq. ft.
- Must work and use PPE in a safe and productive manner
- Ability to operate power tools such as snow blower
- Ability to use Authority issued phone for work orders
Pay: $48,728.00-$57,923.00 commensurate with experience, knowledge, skills & abilities
Email resumes and cover letters to HumanResources@mrta.us.