January 5, 2022
Direct oversight and Management of all People Operations and Administration, including, Human Resources, Facilities/Capital, Brokerage, Project Management, Grants, Communications. Provides indirect management to all Senior Staff, transportation facilities, property and equipment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, coaching, mentoring, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Assistant Administrator serves as the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of MART.
This highly visible, Executive position has ultimate responsibility for assisting the Administrator with ongoing business operations focusing on strong leadership and development. Determines and formulates policies and provides overall direction within guidelines set by Administrator or Advisory Board. Plans, directs, or coordinates operational activities with assistance from subordinate Executives and Sr. Management.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Directs and prepares policy directives and oversees development, negotiations, awards and management of MART contracts, quotes, and proposals in consultation with the Administrator and CFO
- Operates as a representative and spokesperson for the organization in the absence of the Administrator and assures that the organization and its programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image
- Develops, implements, and monitors strategies for ensuring long-term financial, operational, and administrative efficiency and viability of the Authority
- Assists with execution of all public relations and coordination of capital improvement projects
- Supports Administrator in preparation of annual budgets, securing funding for MART operations, oversees and provides administrative policy guidance to the Brokerage Directors and/or Chief Financial Officer on financial matters, budget, cash flow and funding requirements
- Assists Administrator in overseeing MART federal and state funded projects, capital projects, funding requirements, capital equipment, procurement, and operations
- Ensures employees effectively serve the Authority and oversees activities for effective cultural change and performance of all staff including succession planning
- Resolves all organization and operational issues, conflicts, and disputes. Evaluates and implements measures to resolve problems, improve performance and increase efficiencies
- Oversees design, delivery and quality of programs and services by collecting and analyzing evaluation information that measures the success of the Authorities program efforts; refines/changes programs as required
- Oversees internal and external organizational and operational reporting, following established RTA reporting procedures
- Develops, implements, and revises bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, and resolutions, and establishes penalties for violations
- Assists Administrator to liaison with legal advisor(s), local, state, and federal elected officials and serves on various committees
- Responsible for all hiring / firing of MART staff, in consultation with Administrator and HR Director
When duties and responsibilities change, the employee may be asked to perform other duties as required as business needs dictate. Employees are required to identify any changes in their job duties since the descriptions were last reviewed. Additionally, MART may ask that employees conduct a review of their position as part of the performance-evaluation process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field and ten (10) years of professional experience in Management required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, MBA preferred
- Five (5) years minimum of demonstrated budget development and responsibility to assist Administrator with managing up to $200+ million in annual expenditures
- Working knowledge of business and management principles/techniques involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, methods and coordination of people and resources
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees and the public
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Valid Unrestricted Driver’s License or reliable means of transportation is required
- Demonstrated ability of conceptualizing, analyzing, and developing goals, objectives, guidelines, processes, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to manage large, complex projects, leadership teams, making decisions and considering costs and benefits in a fast-paced, difficult environment
- Aptitude for developing trust and working collaboratively with employees, customers, the Advisory Board, vendors, consultants, partner agencies and the public
- Skilled at analyzing, interpreting, and communicating complex data and information to diverse audiences conveying information effectively
- Coaching and mentoring skills to assist in future development of our workforce
- Continuous process improvement and change management skills
- Extensive Project and Contract Management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong Business Acumen/Ethics
- Consultation and critical evaluation
- An aptitude to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
Click here for full Job Description
Send Resume to email@example.com to apply for position.