Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist
January 25, 2022
This position supports finance operations by performing full cycle Accounts Payable and Payroll duties, ensuring all functions are performed accurately and consistently within required deadlines, company policies, procedures, and regulations.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Ensures invoices are entered in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in resolving discrepancies on invoices, purchase orders and reports by verifying quantities, price, payment terms, freight charges etc. by interfacing with vendors, contractors, clients and other departments
- Processes invoices and payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Audit entries and compares system reports to balances
- Verify and track all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements etc.
- Performs reconciliations by validating expense reports and preparing checks and/or electronic fund transfers, (EFT)
- Supports set up and maintenance of vendor files
- Administers biweekly payroll as the designated back up
- Participates in month end reconciliation of general ledger accounts by verifying and posting account transactions
- Provides support to auditors for annual audits and special requests from Attorneys or Vendors on invoices and/or documents
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, analyzes reports, reviews, resolves discrepancies prior to transmittal
- Compiles reports, statements and summaries to related accounts
- Maintains communications with HR and Managers in regard to payroll issues
When duties and responsibilities change, the employee may be asked to perform other duties as required as business needs dictate. Employees are required to identify any changes in their job duties since the descriptions were last reviewed. Additionally, MART may ask that employees
conduct a review of their position as part of the performance-evaluation process.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years accounts payable experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- High degree of accuracy and integrity
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Valid Unrestricted Driver’s License or reliable means of transportation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- An aptitude to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Capable of working independently and in a team oriented environment
To see the full AP & Payroll Specialist Job Description click here.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply