Proudly Serving the Montachusett
Community Since 1978!
‘MART’ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO Employer). ‘MART’ adheres to the guidelines in it’s EEO Program. Please see the EEO Policy Statement for more information (http://mrta.us/files/EEOStatementOfPolicy.pdf).
Having Troubles Reading PDF Files? Click here
‘MART’ is seeking a System Administrator to be responsible for supporting Windows server's, providing Laptop/Desktop Support, and a VMware environment. Some experience configuring and supporting network switches firewall (SonicWall/Cisco ASA 5505), LAN/WAN experience, and telephone systems. The main duties will include but not limit to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to set-up and install new servers in a virtual environment and physical hardware
· Must have demonstrated the ability to timely, appropriately, and effectively deal with customer issues and conflict
· Troubleshoot server and workstation software and hardware
· Perform troubleshooting activities on production servers off-hours (nights or weekends) if required to minimize impact to operations
· Ability to maintain positive relationships with customers; internal and external
· Ability to perform other duties as assigned
· Providing end user supporting Identify and resolve virtualization related system problems and performance issues
· Provide effective and timely responses to normal technology and application issues that arise in support of user requests.
· Monitor systems with regard to performance, reliability and capacity and execute appropriate changes as needed.
· Ensure a consistent and high quality build process for end-user devices.
· Ensure user provisioning occurs in a timely, consistent and accurate manner.
· Perform common administration tasks on critical server, network and peripheral equipment, ensuring industry standard configurations and security models.
· Manage assigned projects through their full lifecycle, from assignment and documentation to implementation and testing.
· Manage company asset and software licensing inventory, ensuring accuracy and completeness. This will also include provisioning and deploying end user equipment and peripherals.
· Act as an advocate and supporter of security initiatives, IT processes and standards.
· Strong project management skills required
· 5+ years of experience engineering solutions for Windows Desktop operating systems; e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7
· 5+ years of experience working with Windows 2003/2008 Server Operating System and Active Directory in a distributed environment.
· 5+ years of technical and troubleshooting experience working in a Cisco environment. Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking is required.
· 5+ years of technical and troubleshooting experience working Microsoft Windows desktop OS and Microsoft Office is required.
· 2+ years of experience working with VMware.
· Experience documenting IT processes and standards is a must.
· Experience with Dell and HP server hardware.
· Strong working knowledge of LAN and WAN connectivity issues and support in a Windows Server, Active Directory environment is preferred.
· Experience with Cisco switches 3000 series.
· Experience managing desktop environment using Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
· Ability to troubleshoot issues remotely. Ability to work directly with end users when troubleshooting is a must.
· This position directly impacts the availability of all production systems so 24 x 7 on-call support and a willingness to work off-hours and weekends is required.
Bachelor's degree in computer related field (Computer Science, Information Systems, or other) or equivalent experience
Technical certifications a plus
A successful person in this role must be comfortable with taking on responsibilities as required and continually looking for opportunities to improve the enterprise technology infrastructure and operational processes.
$57,000+ contingent upon qualifications, education and experience
‘MART’ is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Submit resume to email@example.com.